This orbital sander moves very rapidly to produce an even sand.
The random action of this orbital sander removes the scratch patterns left by rotary or drum sanders, leaving a smooth and flat floor ready for refinishing.
At 3,000 orbits per minute, the machine sands faster than any other product of its kind. With torque-less operation for enhanced operator comfort, it's perfect for interim “screen and re-coat” and fine finish jobs.
To assist with longevity of this machine, a bristle dust skirt aids in dust containment. It also has a totally enclosed, fan cooled 750w motor to eliminate overheating and the need for motor cleaning. Furthermore, the dust pipe allows for easy attachment of 1-1/2 or 2 inch (3.8cm or 5cm) vacuum hoses for improved dust containment.
The American Sanders Orbital Sander 18” (OBS18DC) has a sanding pad size of 12x18” (305x460mm) and a sanding width of 12” (300mm). An optional extra is the American Sanders Dust Containment System 45L which you can view here.
|Model Number||07083B / OBS18DC|
|Sanding Width (in)||18″ (457mm)|
|Sanding Pad Size (in)||12″ x 18″ (305x460mm)|
|Output Speed (rpm)||3000 orbits/min|
|Noise Level (dB @ 1m)||74db|
|Manufacturers Warranty||1 Year|
- Bristle dust skirt to aid in dust containment.
- Independent dust pickup fan for effective dust containment (DC model only).
- Dust pipe allows for easy attachment of 1-1/2 or 2 inch (3.8 or 5 cm) vacuum hoses for improved dust containment.
- The totally enclosed, fan cooled motor, eliminates overheating and the need for motor cleaning.
- Heavy duty cast aluminum main frame and pad driver plate for added strength.
- Building Renovation
- Flooring contractors
- Hire and Rental
- Ideal for refinishing all internal flooring applications including hardwoods and softwoods.